Thursday 13 August 2015

Review of Mile High by Rebecca Chance - Four *


Blurb:


First class is about to get dangerous . . . Pure Air's new LuxeLiner is flying from London to LA - its inaugural journey - with a first-class cabin packed with A List celebrities. As the feuding crew compete to impress their famous passengers, the handsome pilot tries to win the attention of a pretty young stewardess.


But one VIP singer is battling something seriously sinister: watching her every step is a very determined stalker, someone who will go to any lengths to get the star to satisfy their desires. At thirty thousand feet there is nowhere to run, and nowhere to hide . . .





Review:

This was my first novel by Rebecca Chance but it certainly won't be my last. I love her tongue-in-cheek way of writing. The characters were all larger than life and the celebrities based "loosely" on real life celebs! 

The plot was complicated and I didn't see the unmasking of the stalker coming. I was totally thrown off scent by several red herrings. 

The love story between Catalina and Gerhardt was sweet and sensitively written - in direct contrast to some of the bitchiness evident on the flight. I also enjoyed Jane's story - nice contrast to the rest of the shenanigans!

But it is books like this that make me so glad I am a mere blogger and Petsitter and not some famous person with no life! Thanks Rebecca, for making me feel good about my lot in life.


Amazon UK: Mile High
Amazon US: Mile High

No comments:

Post a Comment