Friday 27 March 2015

Review of The Day We Disappeared by Lucy Robinson - Five **

Review of The Day We Disappeared by Lucy Robinson - Five **

Blurb: 

Annie has a secret. But if she's not going to tell, we won't either. It's a heart-breaking secret she wishes she didn't have - yet Annie isn't broken, not quite yet. Especially now there's someone out there who seems determined to fix her.

Kate has run away. But she's not going to tell us why - that would defeat the point of running, wouldn't it? It's proving difficult to reinvent herself, however, with one person always on her mind.

Scratch beneath the surface and nobody is really who they seem. Even Annie and Kate, two old friends, aren't entirely sure who they are any more. Perhaps you can work it out, before their pasts catch up with them for good . . .

A gripping and unpredictable story of two young women running from their pasts. We defy you to guess the twist . . .



Review: 

This is one fabulous book! It's a guessing game from beginning to end and has more twists and turns than a mountain pass! I was close but not close enough! Kate and Annie are wonderful characters and I particularly liked bold and funny Kate. At one stage I gasped out loud and froze. I couldn't believe what I'd just read!

The contrast between the lives of Annie and Kate are so well written and I love the interaction between Kate and the grooms and Annie and Le Cloob.

Even the ending had a twist and I was so disappointed when I finished it. I wanted to start all over again! Please, please read this wonderful book!!


No comments:

Post a Comment