Thursday 5 March 2015

Review of You Belong to Me by Samantha Hayes

A review of You Belong to Me by Samantha Hayes - Five*

Blurb: 

The compelling new psychological suspense novel featuring DI Lorraine Fisher, from the author of Until You’re Mine and Before You Die. Perfect for fans of S J Watson and Sophie Hannah.

Fleeing the terrors of her former life, Isabel has left England, and at last is beginning to feel safe.

Then a letter shatters her world, and she returns home determined not to let fear rule her life any more.

But she's unable to shake off the feeling that someone who knows her better than she knows herself may be following her.

Watching. Waiting.

Ready to step back into her life and take control all over again.




Review: 

This is not my usual reading genre but it hooked me and kept me to the very last page. I raced through it! I normally don't like reading books written in 1st person present tense, but I soon got used to it. And enjoyed the fact that all the main characters shared the narrative. It is a story about stalking and possession and very, very scary at times. 

As a psychological thriller it ticks all the boxes. I felt so sorry for the women - Alex and Izzy - and their helplessness in the face of a stalker. I also felt sorry for Lorraine, the policewomen, in her helplessness to try and do something about the stalker.

I confess that I had resolved some of the case by the time we reached the final chapters but certainly not all of it! And for that reason I kept reading - to see if I was right and was so glad I did because there were more twists to the tale that even I could have envisaged.

This was my first Samantha Hayes novel and it certainly won't be my last!

I was given a copy of this book on Netgalley in return for an honest review.

Publication date: 12 March 2015

Amazon UK: You Belong to Me
Amazon US: You Belong to Me

No comments:

Post a Comment