Thursday 8 January 2015

The Second Time I Saw You by Pippa Croft - Review - Five *

Shortlisted for Best ebook at the Festival of Romance 2014

Lauren and Alexander's journey continues in the second novel in Pippa Croft's Oxford Blue romance series.

It's the beginning of a new term at Wyckham College, Oxford, and a fresh start for Lauren Cusack. Her fingers were badly burnt when a whirlwind romance with gorgeous English aristocrat, Alexander Hunt, became too hot to handle - and now she's determined to keep her distance.

Her resolve is shaken when Alexander appears on her doorstep - he's been completely torn apart by some devastating news. Lauren knows that she should stay away, but their chemistry is undeniable and she soon finds herself back in Alexander's arms.

Can Lauren handle the drama that comes with Alexander Hunt? Or will she have to sacrifice the most exhilarating passion she's ever known . . .

Fans of E L James, Tammara Webber and Beth Kery won't be able to get enough of Pippa Croft's Oxford Blue romance series. The First Time We Met and The Second Time I Saw You are the first two novels in the series, followed by Third Time Lucky, which is also available to pre-order from Penguin.





I'd been waiting for the second book with bated breath! And I certainly wasn't disappointed. Tension arrived in this book, which I wasn't expecting and found it very emotional - I knew an 'Alexander' when I was at college and the hot and cold sides of him are something I recognise well. The coming together and moving apart was very much a feature of this book as well and helps to create the tension. The tension was further increased by the behaviour of Emma, Alexander's sister. That byline had me on the edge of my seat!

I like the way Pippa has developed the characters of Lauren and Alexander - particularly Alexander. He has become much deeper and generally more human in this second book. He is British upper class and so will have the "stiff upper lip" but Lauren's warmth is reaching him and affecting him in a very positive way. He is starting to feel the love!

The settings in Oxford and Alexander's home were lovely and divide the book into separate scenes in a very realistic way.
All in all, I loved it - but a real cliff hanger ending left me desperate for the third book!

You can buy it here on Amazon UK in paperbook and kindle: The Second Time I Saw You

And on Amazon US in paperback: The Second Time I Saw You


No comments:

Post a Comment